What to expect at a True Concord performance
New to True Concord? Welcome, and here’s what to expect!
You are literally right there!
- True Concord performs in acoustically excellent smaller halls and churches.
- Generally, the atmosphere is intimate with smaller audiences close to the performers.
- This gives YOU a greatly enhanced experience of the live performance.
Attending a True Concord performance is a friendly experience.
- You can expect to be greeted at the door by one of our friendly volunteers or board members.
- Many audience members have been coming to the performances a long time, so there is often a family feel of old friends coming together.
- And these loyal fans are happy to welcome new ones!
Get the most out of each performance!
- Before most performances, Music Director Eric Holtan presents a pre-concert talk, sharing his thoughts, insights and behind-the-scenes stories of the music being performed.
- Talks begin 45 minutes prior to the start of the concert.
- Guest artists or members of the company often join Eric to share an insider’s view of the music to be performed.
- These talks will give you things to watch and listen for during concerts, and a sense of the artists performing for you.
- BONUS: You get an expanded understanding and enjoyment of the musical experience!
- Following the concert, stay for cookies and conversation in the lobby.
- Many of the performers join in, so it’s a great time for a meet-and-greet with your favorite singers and musicians…
- And meet new favorites!