Celebrating the Impact of Women on the World
Announcing plans for a modified fall season, with the health & safety of our community and artists as top priority.
Welcome to True Concord’s 17th Season!
2020 marks the U.S. centenary of women’s suffrage, presenting the opportunity to explore and celebrate the indelible impact of women on our world.
The essence of femininity is complex. “She” is perceived and experienced in different ways depending on the moment, the place, and the beholder: mother, healer, warrior, siren, leader and self. This is why music is such a powerful and fitting medium through which to explore HER.
Highlights of the coming year include:
– Music by Purcell, Handel and Haydn
– Randall Thompson’s The Peaceable Kingdom
– The ever-popular Lessons & Carols by Candlelight
– Back by popular demand: Composer Jocelyn Hagen and soprano Corinne Winters in a world premiere!
– The Brahms Requiem
– Carmina Burana!
– And a new series: Close-Up! featuring solo artists of True Concord
Music can portray so much, from the divine feminine to the audacious game changer. Join us for a year of creativity, color, strength, emotion, rules and rule breaking as we explore HER with extraordinary music.
Eric Holtan, Founding Music Director